Saturday, February 18, 2012

Decorating and Embellishment of Muffins

17.02.2012   Friday   Sunny

I was so glad that i baked the Cranberries Cheesecake Muffins again for today's tea break. 

* INGREDIENTS
150g / 5 1/2 oz butter, plus extra for greasing
200g / 7 oz cream cheese
150g / 5 1/2 oz caster sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
300g / 10 1/2 oz self-raising flour
100g / 3 1/2 oz dried cranberries, chopped
icing sugar, for dusting

* METHOD
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a deep 12-cup muffin tin.
2.Melt the butter and leave to cool slightlly. In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese and sugar together, add the eggs one at a time until well combined and then stir in the melted butter.
3. Mix the flour and cranberries together in a bowl, then stir gently into the batter. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin, filling each hole to about two-thirds full, and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Eat warm or cold, dusted lightly with icing sugar.


Plain, undecorated muffins
Normally, i keep my baking in plain as it is, without any decoration on it. This afternoon, I was out of ordinary and would like to delight my baking with a simple decoration and embellishment. A pot of fresh pasteurised double cream in the fridge mainly provoked me in decorating my baking for the first time.


Muffins topped with Whipped Cream
Round-shaped Muffins & Indulgent Hello Kitty Muffins
I chose the simplest way in using double cream as topping - Creamy background with few dried cranberries in the centre, right on top and surrounding of the domed muffins to create stunning atmosphere. Meanwhile, two indulgent Hello Kitty muffins was embellished directly for my little girl who adores Hello Kitty so much!

Decorating and Embellishment for bakings, like muffins or cupcakes is easy and fun! That was my very wrong perception about this delightful effort. I learned that without experience, skills, proper equipments, practise and patience, the dcoration and embellishment in baking is not as easy as what i have had in my mind. 

My Very FIRST Decoration of Muffins
Look at the decoration and embellishment on the muffins that i have had today, though they looked a bit funny and untidy; after all, they looked nicer than before, when they were plain without any decoration. I was happy with my baking and my family liked the muffins and enjoyed the nice tea break as well. As the result was encouraging, of cause I'll never mind putting in the extra effort for my next baking!

No comments: